The Psychological Counseling Center provides a variety of services to help students address the challenges and difficulties they face. Students sometimes encounter difficulties which challenge their coping and undermine success in their academic and personal lives. They may need a professional help. These services are designed to help students understand themselves better, create and maintain satisfying relationships, improve their academic performance, and make healthy and satisfying career and life choices. The Psychological Counseling and Guidance Center provide a range of services related to the challenges of student life as well as personal transition and growth.
The aims of the Psychological Counseling Center are to help the students to increase their personal growth, help them to benefit from their own strengths, and develop their skills. Also, actualize and enrich their social, emotional and vocational potentials. Helps students to understand themselves, their characters, and abilities; and offers academic guidance in regard to their studies, developing the necessary academic and practical coping skills that will make it possible for them to be more successful when meeting the demands of life.
Respect, confidentiality, privacy are the working principles of counseling services.
To make an appointment personal application is enough.
Aims will be achieved through the ways:
- Preparing new students to understand university life through orientation programms
- Building the students’ personalities and help them to understand themselves in light of their strengths, preparedness, and to identify their needs and problems.
- Supporting the students with low academic achievements through identifying the causes of their problems, assisting them to resolve them.
- Using the preventive guidance and counseling services to identify potential student problem areas and work to prevent them from occurring.
- To assist the students in developing greater self-awareness, independence, and self direction in specific areas; such as interpersonal relationships, self-esteem, growth and well-being.
- Developing the management skills in specific areas such as; exam anxiety, anger, stress using individual or group psychological counseling
- Helping to solve their psychological problems using individual or group psychological counselling
(*) The University Counselling Service is a free service available to undergraduate and postgraduate students and to all members of University staff.