Psychological Counseling and Guidance Services
Psychological Counseling and Guidance Unit first pay attention to protect the mental health of the student within the framework of healthcare services. University students may experience lots of stress. Due to the difficulties of transition from puberty to adolescence (i.e. undertaking responsibilities, making decision, relations with other persons etc., student may need help of an expert during such years. The Psychological Counseling Unit help the student cope with their academic, social, personal problems and gain the knowledge and skills to overcome the daily life stress by supporting them for their personal development. It supports the students’ mental, emotional and social development at the highest level.
Objective: Psychological Counseling and Guidance Services Unit aspires to ensure that the students achieve their personal, emotional, social, educational and vocational development despite the problems they encounter. And it provides developmental and preventive services to achieve this goal.
Application: The students can directly make their application with the Psychological Counseling and Guidance Unit.
Principles: It adopts the following principles to achieve this goal. It acts in compliance with the ethical principles: carries out all its services in accordance with the ethical rules.
Privacy: The private information of any applicant student cannot be disclosed to third parties by any person, entity or organization unless such disclosure is requested by the student or without prior permission of the student. Unconditional acceptance and respect: It always pays respect to all personal differences. Students are always respectable individuals regardless of their beliefs, value judgments or personal attributes.
Transparency: All relations with the students are carried out with sincerity.
- It organizes orientation programs with the help of academic consultants in order to provide the beginning students with introductory and enlightening information about the university, applicable rules and immediate vicinity, and to help them get oriented with the new environment and university.
- To determine the problems of students, and to cooperate with the relevant organizations for their solution.
- To provide psychological counseling individually or in groups for those students who suffer from emotional or social problems according to their respective wishes and needs. To help them make important decisions, better get to know themselves and establish more efficient relations with the other persons around them.
- To organize educative activities such as seminaries, panels etc. in order to promote the students’ individual, social, educational and vocational development.
- To communicate and cooperate with the students representation agencies and student clubs in anything for the benefit of them.
- To cooperate with the other student service units (i.e. departments, dormitories, registrar’s office, scholarship office, alumni association etc.) in anything for the benefit of the students.
- To carry out “preventive” activities against any problem that may arise out during their study.
- To provide the instructors and administrative personnel with consulting service to meet their needs in relation to the students.
(*) The Psychological Counseling Unit of the University provides service free of charge for the Yaşar University’s undergraduate and postgraduate students and the university personnel who can use this service by making an appointment.
NEWS IN THE PRESS